Parents: A level results 2016
Updated: Thu 18 Aug 2016
Once again the hard work of our sixth form students and staff has reaped deserving rewards. Congratulations go to all of our students who have achieved amongst the best results Bulmershe has ever received.
We have achieved tremendous results, particularly at the higher grades of A* and A with 30% of all grades classed as A*/A and 47% of all grades at A*-B.
There were especially good performances from a whole range of subjects for example 38% of Mathematics A level grades were awarded the top A*/A grade, in Physics 31%, Chemistry 45% and in Drama 40%. 83% of English Literature grades achieved A*-B. In Computing 100% of the group received a Distinction or Distinction *. Results which really do reflect the determination and work ethic of our students.
This is despite reports in the media that nationally top grades have dipped amid volatile results. Here at Bulmershe our A level and vocational results hold steady at well above national averages on all levels and students performed exceptionally well across the full ability range.
Special mention must be made of some of our highest achievers:
- Thomas Deal - 3 A*s in Chemistry, Maths and Physics . Tom has accepted his place to read Civil Engineering at Southampton
- Patrick Grimes – 4 As in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics. Patrick goes on to read Natural Sciences at Lancaster.
- Maisy Inston - 3 A’s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Maisy has accepted her place to read Zoology at Exeter.
- Sam Oakley – 3 A’s 1 B in Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Geography. Sam goes on to read Geophysical Sciences at Southampton.
- Manahill Rabbani – 3 A’s 1 B in Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Biology. Manahill will read Astrophysics at UCL.
Our year 12 results are equally impressive paving the way for an excellent final year in sixth form.
We wish our leavers all the best for their bright futures ahead and thank them for their many contributions to school life at Bulmershe.
Emma Reynolds. August 2016