Students: Year 10 Information
Updated: Mon 13 Mar 2017
Welcome to the Year 10 information page!
Year 10 is the start of the most important years in a child’s education. These 2 years can make and mould the direction of your life. This is where the quest for those important A*-C grades begin and the opportunity to start exploring the possibility of A-Levels and University/other training courses. Punctuality, high effort and completion of all work set is a goal that all students in Year 10 should aim for in order to achieve the highest success possible.
The Year 10 Team is as follows;
Assistant Headteacher, Year 10
Mr M Grewal, email: email@example.com
Head of Year 10;
Mr V Browne firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 10 Tutors;
Mr S Latif (10BF) email@example.com
Mr D Tomala (10HS) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr A Hulley (10MH) email@example.com
Mr K Parvez (10LH) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr C Mooney (10RH) email@example.com
Miss R Taylor/Ms K Roberts (10EH) firstname.lastname@example.org .sch.uk
Registration and tutor time begins at 8.25am and it is essential all students arrive promptly and engage in the activities held by their tutors. Tutor time prepares students for the school day and should be used judiciously. If your tutor has not given you something specific to do you should read or complete some school work. Lateness to tutor time will not be tolerated in Year 10.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child's education or welfare please contact in the first instance the tutor and copy in the Head of Year.
It is absolutely essential that, as Year 10 students, you arrive to school each day with all the kit, books and equipment required for each lesson. Not carrying a pen or forgetting a text book just isn’t acceptable at such as critical point in your education! Remember to prepare your school bag each evening and ensure you have everything you need.
Year 10 students are role models for the lower school and must therefore ensure that they wear the correct uniform at all times and look smart and ready to learn. Please refer to the school’s uniform policy on our website and remember that your tutor and the Year 10 team will be checking uniform rigorously. Expect to be issued a detention or even sent home if you flout the uniform policy.
Please contact either your child’s form tutor or a member of the Year 10 Team should you have any queries or concerns about your child’s education or welfare.
Check the Year 10 page regularly for revision tips and information about events and activities for students.
- Revise in 30 to 40 minute sessions, allowing a 10 minute break to give your brain a rest.
- Reduce your lesson notes to key points that are easier to revise.
- Make your revision timetable early! Organisation is a major part of successful revision.
- Practice, practice, practice exam questions! You need to be able to link the theory you have learnt to what the question is asking.
- Keep on top of deadlines - know when work is due in and schedule time to complete it.
- Ensure you are aware of what is expected for each piece work and how marks are awarded.
- Allow time to go over work before a deadline - get draft work to your teacher for comments and suggestions about how to improve.
- Invest in a wall-planner (or devise one of your own). Write all coursework deadlines and exams on it.
- Create a work space where you will be comfortable and not interrupted
Important dates for your diary:
Year 10 Work Experience week, Monday 9th January 2017
Year 10 Parents' Evening, Thursday 16th March 2017
Year 10 exams, week commencing Monday 8th May 2017
Pupil Premium students in year 10
There may be financial assistance available for Pupil Premium pupils for school trips and other activities but individual enquiries to the school should be made regarding this assistance.
Please contact the school office on 0118 9353353 or alternatively, email@example.com who will pass on your enquiry to Mr Staton, Assistant Headteacher who manages Pupil Premium funding.