The School: Special Educational Needs
Updated: Tue 31 Jan 2017
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The new SEND code of Practice: 0-25 years 2015 states that a child has special educational need if they have a learning difficulty which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. The provision needed will be 'additional to' or 'different' from that made generally. The school will use a graduated approach to meet the needs of students with SEND. See SEN policy at the bottom of this page.
The school’s aims for SEND
- To ensure the early identification and assessment of all students’ needs, and to recognize that these needs may change over time.
- To make the best possible provision for students with SEND within the limits of the resources available to the school.
- To ensure all students with SEND have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum, and are able to fulfill their potential.
- To ensure all students with SEND are included as fully as possible in the activities of the school.
- To ensure that the views and wishes of students with SEND are heard and taken in to account in the planning and reviewing process.
If you wish to discuss your SEND requirments with someone at The Bulmershe School, please contact the SEN department:
Ms Maher: SENDCo and Head of Learning Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Hook: Head of the Resource Unit for Students with SpLD - email@example.com
Ms Mooney: SEND Administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for our SEND Drop-in sessions
Drop-in sessions are the first Tuesday of the month, at the school in the Oasis Centre, 4pm - 5.30pm.
No appointment necessary.
Wokingham Authority local offer
To view the Wokingham local offer please click the link below:
Please click the PDF below for our SEND Information Report and Policy 2016