Head of Business Studies and Economics
Permanent, Full time
Salary: UPS Grade 1-3, according to experience
To start: immediately
The Bulmershe School are looking to employ an inspirational, well skilled and enthusiastic Head of Business Studies and Economics to join our Business and Economics Faculty. The candidate should be passionate about delivering the best possible Business curriculum to our students in order to raise their aspirations and attainment. The department is growing rapidly, and we have excellent uptake of Business and Economics at both Key Stage 4 & 5. Our results are strong at A-level, consistently in the top 10% in the country over the past few years.
As the Head of our Business and Economics Faculty, you will take responsibility for providing leadership and management in order to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Promote the subject, its importance, and the value that it brings across the school
- Ensure the planned curriculum is effectively and consistently implemented
- Have an overarching responsibility for students’ achievement and standards in the subject area
- Establish an effective team; coaching and modelling and providing support
- Manage the subject budget effectively to ensure it is spent on resources that add value and enhance the learning experience
- Take responsibility and accountability for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- be an outstanding classroom teacher and have high expectations of all learners
- be able to motivate students of all levels and abilities
- have a flexible approach and be willing to teach a range of business courses from GCSE, A-Level and Vocational
- be willing to develop subject knowledge of Economics
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Assistant School Business manager, Ms V Bagley:
- Deadline: 30th November 2022
(Applications will be considered as received. We reserve the right to appoint before the advertised closing date.)
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Teacher Application Form||19th Oct 2022||Download|
|Vacancy Pack Head of Business and Economics The Bulmershe School||07th Nov 2022||Download|