- Join Us
- Staff Vacancies
- Teacher of Science
Teacher of Science
Permanent, Full time
Flexible working options available
Salary: ECT/MPS/UPS - depending on experience
To start: depending on candidate availability
The Bulmershe School are looking to employ an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Science to join our thriving Science department. Our ideal candidate would have a genuine love of all science subjects with a proven record of excellent standards. Candidates wishing to apply should have a passion for their subject and the ability to teach to GCSE and Advanced level. Due to the supportive culture at The Bulmershe, this post may be suitable for an ECT who feels they are ready to nurture intellectual curiosity and stretch our students to be the best they can be.
The Bulmershe Science Department provides a high standard of teaching across all the scientific disciplines. Our diverse and inclusive school means that we can offer you a varied, vibrant and rewarding working environment. Our teaching staff are supported by a dedicated and experienced team of technicians and as a department we have regular opportunities to share best practice and undertake development training.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Teach KS3 Science Lessons
- Teach AQA GCSE Science
- Teach Edexcel A-Level Science
- Pro-active lesson planning and marking
- Responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in your classes, ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth for all students.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, and relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in all assigned classes and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To take an active role in the school’s extended learning through involvement in extra-curricular activities and the school’s specialisms.
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of students
The ideal candidate will
- be able to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
- be someone who has, or aspires to have, a measurable impact as an individual teacher and throughout the school
- be committed to the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the school
- be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in your classes, ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
Why join The Bulmershe School
- This is an outstanding opportunity to join a thriving, creative and nationally recognised, 11-18, community school with an excellent reputation.
- Excellent CPD opportunities through our networks with other schools and our in-house training
- You will be joining a vibrant and positive team of subject specialists
- Additional opportunities to lead extra-curricular or pastoral clubs if desired
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference and we look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working – call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application and equal opportunities form to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Teacher Application Form||18th Jan 2023||Download|
|Vacancy Pack Teacher of Science The Bulmershe School||10th Mar 2023||Download|
|Equal Opportunities Form||06th Feb 2023||Download|