Uniform and School Shop
Our school supplier is:
11 Market Place,
Stevensons Store Opening Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday – Saturday) Closed – Sunday
Revision Guides are available at our In House School Shop
School Shop Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:00 - 8:30 (parents and students) Parents must book an appointment with reception first. Students may come in without appointments during the day as well as before school (8:00 - 8:30).
There may be financial assistance available for Pupil Premium pupils for school uniform and equipment. Individual enquiries to the school should be made regarding this assistance. Please contact the school office on 0118 9353353 or alternatively, firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass on your enquiry to Mr Staton, Assistant Headteacher, who manages Pupil Premium Funding.
Our uniform is very important to us and is an integral part of the school's ethos, one that promotes positive attitudes, high standards and gives students a sense of personal pride. We want our students to be proud of their school and our uniform allows them to demonstrate this.
- A white school shirt (top button fastened, shirt tucked in)
- School blazer with logo
- (Optional) plain, black red trim v-neck jumper
- School tie, worn correctly
- Socks – Boys: black socks; Girls: black socks or plain black tights with no patterns
- Plain black traditional school trousers, must be loose fitting, trouser material and of a length in which the ankles are not showing. No trousers are to be rolled up and no jeans or skintight trousers or leggings must be worn.
- Plain black traditional school skirt (of a decent length and not skin tight)
- For the summer term only, unisex black shorts
- (Optional) a plain dark top coat (not with big sports logos or denim, and not a hoody)
- Plain black sensible footwear, with no logos with maximum heel height of 3cm (no pumps or open toed shoes/strappy sandals or boots)
We would like to take this opportunity to explain that we have a 'Zero Tolerance' on facial piercings and we allow just ONE plain stud in each ear. Any new piercings should be carried out over the summer holidays and removed before the start of school in September.
- Hairstyles must be suitable for a formal, working environment and of a natural colour (no shaved detailing in the hair line).
- No acrylic/gel/sculpted nail extensions are permitted.
- One plain stud only in each ear. No other facial piercings are permitted.
- Girls in Year 10 and 11 may wear discrete makeup suitable for a formal working environment.
- Students in Year 12 and Year 13 with tattoos must keep them hidden at all times.