- Parents & Carers
- Uniform and School Shop
Uniform and School Shop
Our uniform is very important to us and is an integral part of the school's ethos; one that promotes positive attitudes, high standards and gives students a sense of personal pride. We want our students to be proud of their school and our uniform allows them to demonstrate this. We would advise that all clothing is clearly named.
All of our uniform, complete with the school logo, can be purchased from our uniform supplier: Stevensons. They have a shop in Reading town centre: 11 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2EG.
Stevensons Store Opening Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) Closed – Wednesday and Sunday
Please note - due to a flood in their Branch, Stevensons in Reading will be temporarily closed until further notice
Please purchase uniform from them via their online store:
The Bulmershe School Shop
We also have an on-site uniform shop which sells both brand new and a small selection of second hand uniform. To visit the school shop, Parents must book an appointment with reception first. (Students may come in without appointments).
For first hand uniform, the school shop prices are the same as those at Stevensons.
- School blazer: with Bulmershe logo
- Bulmershe School tie: worn correctly
- White school shirt: Generic. Top button must be fastened and shirt tucked in
- Plain black trousers: Traditional, generic school trousers must be loose fitting, trouser material and of a length in which the ankles are not showing. No trousers are to be rolled up and no jeans or skintight trousers or leggings can be worn.
- Plain black school skirt: Generic, pleated or straight, of a decent length and not skin-tight
- Socks: generic, plain black or white, ankle or knee high.
- Tights: generic, plain black with no pattern
- Sensible black shoes: Generic, no logos, with a maximum heel height of 3cm. (No boots, open-toed shoes, strappy sandals, crocs or sliders)
- Black v-neck jumper: with Bulmershe Logo and red trim
- Black Shorts: (Summer term only) - available from Stevensons only
- Plain Coat: Generic, dark colours only. Must be worn over School blazer. No hoodies, denim or leather jackets
Hair styles and accessories
- Hairstyles must be suitable for a formal, working environment - any form of extreme hair style or colour is not allowed
- Pierced ears: one plain stud only in each ear. No other facial piercings are permitted
- Tattoos and any ofher body piercings must remain covered at all times
- Year 10 and 11 may wear discreet makeup, suitable for a formal, working environment
- No acrylic/gel/sculpted nail extensions are permitted
- Black shorts: Generic, plain sports shorts (can be worn all year round)
- Branded Red t-shirt: New for 2022. Older students can wear red polo shirt until new size is required
- Trainers: generic, suitable for indoor and outdoor sports
- Black tracksuit bottoms: Generic, plain, no branding or patterns
- Red football socks: Generic, for Football and Rugby
- Studded boots: Generic, for football and rugby
- Shin pads: Generic, for football
- Gum shield: Generic, for rugby
- Red Outdoor Training Top: Branded
- Red Rugby Top: Branded
- Black tapered pants: Generic
- Black Sports Leggings: Generic
- Red Rain Jacket: Branded
If your child is unable to take part in PE for any reason, students must bring a note and still dress in their PE kit regardless, as they will be given an alternative role during the lesson such as a coach /official / helper.
GCSE PE Kit
Parents can order GCSE PE Kit directly from Boca Sports.
Click to view our 6th form uniform policy
All students should come to school with the following items each day:
- black, blue and green pen
- rubber, ruler and sharpener
- colouring pencils
- scientific calculator - CASIO fx-83GT Plus
- Geometry set
- pencil case
- school bag
- reading book (can be borrowed from the school library)
Financial Help for Uniform
There may be financial assistance available for Pupil Premium pupils for school uniform and equipment. Individual enquiries to the school should be made regarding this assistance. Please contact the school office on 0118 9353353 or alternatively, email@example.com who will pass on your enquiry to Mr Staton, Assistant Headteacher, who manages Pupil Premium Funding.
Revision Guides are available at our in House School Shop
|Bulmershe School Uniform Price List||25th May 2023||Download|
|Uniform Policy||13th Oct 2022||Download|