Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only, with additional paid days
(Talk to us about flexible working options)
Salary: Grade 5 - actual pay £20,825 - £22,822 (depending on experience)
The Bulmershe School are looking to appoint a Deputy Safeguarding Lead to support the Designated Safeguarding Lead with safeguarding and child protection across the school. You will support in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings, and contribute to the assessment of children. You will advise and support other members of staff on child welfare and child protection matters, and liaise with relevant agencies such as the local authority and police. As a member of our Inclusion team, you will be responsible for the ongoing assessment and provision of safeguarding and support for students – addressing the needs of young people who require help to overcome barriers to learning both inside and outside of school, in order to achieve their full potential.
The Inclusion Team has its own base with fantastic facilities (The Ivory Centre) which offer a superb environment in which to work and learn. We are a friendly and supportive team who have a wealth of experience. In an ever-changing world, we continue to learn and adapt in order to best support our student community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Refer cases of suspected abuse to the local authority children’s social care.
- Keep detailed, accurate and secure written records of concerns and referrals.
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for staff.
- Develop a working knowledge of how local authorities conduct a child protection case conference and a child protection review conference.
- Attend and contribute to child protection case conferences effectively when required to do so.
- Understand the assessment process for providing early help and intervention.
- In consultation with the line manager, liaise with staff on matters of safety, safeguarding, and when deciding whether to make a referral.
- Encourage a culture of listening to children among all staff, ensuring that children’s feelings are heard where the school puts measures in place to protect them.
- To support in providing safeguarding reports to the governing board.
- Model best practice and uphold the principles of confidentiality and data protection at all times.
- To be the safeguarding lead for the school, in the absence of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference and we look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working – call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application and equal opportunities form to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Vacancy Pack - Deputy Safeguarding Lead||20th Dec 2022||Download|
|Support staff application form||18th Jan 2023||Download|
|Equal Opportunities Form||06th Feb 2023||Download|