Full time (37 Hours)
Term time only
Talk to us about Flexible Working Options
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 7 -11 £22,369 – 24,054 pro rota (depending on experience)
Start: As soon as possible
The Bulmershe School has a vacancy for an Administrator and Medical Receptionist, whose main role will be to assist the medical lead with first aid and administration jobs, as well as providing general administration support to the school, including correspondence and resolving enquiries.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assessing students medical needs when they first come into the centre
- Treating students for minor injuries
- Assisting the medical lead with admin jobs required; for example, filing, completing data sheets
- Assisting with immunisations preparation and on the day running, liaising with the nurses
- Assisting with health care plans and going to parent meetings
- Undertake the day to day administration duties to support the teaching and learning of students in the school as directed by the senior leadership of the school, including behaviour management and work experience
- Support parent and open evenings with administrative duties prior to school events
- To be responsible for the typing, updating, photocopying, scanning and the distribution of reports and forms (e.g. school policies, school prospectus, staff manuals etc)
- Establish and maintain administrative systems in order that the tasks undertaken by the line manager can be successfully completed
- Any other duties that reasonably fall within the remit of the post, which may be allocated after consultation with the post holder
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with First Aid
- NVQ level 2 (administration) or equivalent would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of SIMS packages
- At least one year experience in a similar environment
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application and equal opportunities form to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley: email@example.com
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Support staff application form||18th Jan 2023||Download|
|Equal Opportunities Form||06th Feb 2023||Download|
|Vacancy Pack - Administrator and Medical Receptionist||16th May 2023||Download|