- Join Us
- Staff Vacancies
- Study Support Leader
Study Support Leader
37 Hours per week
Term time only
Talk to us about Flexible Working Options
Salary: Grade 4
Start: September 2023 or sooner
We have a vacancy for a Study Support Leader whose main role will be to supervise classes in the absence of a teacher and to support the administrative function of the school. The post also includes participation in examination invigilation, accompanying staff on school trips and supporting the school Library.
The cover supervision element of the role does not include teaching, rather instructing students as appropriate using work left by the teacher. GCSE Maths and English, at least to a Grade C or above are essential. The successful candidate needs to be someone who is well-organised, self-confident, has a lively personality and can employ good common sense. The school will consider part time/job share hours for suitable candidates.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- To supervise classes in the absence of their teacher
- To register and record student attendance in lessons
- To ensure a calm and purposeful atmosphere for working in the classrooms and Study Zone
- To manage resources effectively and ensure classrooms are left tidy and ready for the next lesson
- To follow school systems and procedures on behaviour management
- To liaise with subject teachers about cover work
- To maintain a bank of resource material for all year groups for cover purposes
- To proof read external school letters and literature
- To supervise and monitor use of the photocopier and oversee reprographics
- To select, acquire, organise, promote and maintain books and other learning resources, including electronic resources, to cover the full age and ability range of the school community
- To organise and run break and lunchtime clubs for students
- To liaise with external agencies to ensure that the maximum use is made of appropriate materials and information provided by key support services and outside organisations
- To operate the ‘Oliver’ electronic loans system for all items borrowed and returned by
- School users; to amend records accordingly, and maintain statistics as required
- To ensure Study Zone displays are regularly updated and that they promote the ethos of the Study Zone and school
- To support the whole school drive to promote literacy
- To undertake any other duties that reasonably fall within the remit of the post, which may be allocated after consultation with the Post Holder
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference and we look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working – call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley-Kelly: email@example.com
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Equal Opportunities Form||06th Feb 2023||Download|
|Support staff application form||18th Jan 2023||Download|
|Vacancy Pack - Study Support Leader||26th May 2023||Download|