Food Technology Teacher
Food Technology Teacher
Commencing January 2022 or immediate start
Salary according to experience
At The Bulmershe School, we are very proud of our thriving Design and Technology department and the constant progress students are achieving. Our GCSE 3D Design, June 2021, results were in the top 25% of the country, which is a true reflection of the passion shared by our teachers and students.
In response to the incredible success of our students we aim to expand our department and further enrich our KS3 and KS4 learning journey. In particular, we would like to entrust a food specialist with the commitment to expand the Food and Nutrition provision for years 7-9 and deliver a successful Food and Preparation GCSE. Our students love to cook and learn about the foods that they eat. They are filled with enthusiasm and excitement at the prospect of food practicals and enjoy being challenged on their theoretical knowledge.
We are dedicated to ensuring our Design and Technology class sizes are manageable to actively support all of our students who represent a wide range of abilities. It is a priority to maintain a safe and desirable working environment for all.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference, in a school, which truly values the importance of creative subjects in the development of young people, and to be a part of a supportive and dedicated creative arts faculty.
What we are looking for:
· A talented and enthusiastic teacher with the ability to inspire our students.
· To be successful, you should have experience of teaching a range of Technology subjects across Key Stages 3 & 4. A level teaching is desirable.
· Have the ability to raise student achievement and add value within the Design and Technology curriculum.
· Excellent, up-to-date subject knowledge and a passion for teaching your subject is essential.
· The confidence to teach the diverse disciplines of Design and Technology including Food Preparation and Nutrition, Graphics Communication and Resistant Materials (3D Design). Experience using CAD and CAM processes would be an advantage.
What we offer:
· A committed and supportive department with dedicated and professional staff
· Current class sizes KS3: MAX. 15 KS4: MAX. 20
Excellent development opportunities across the school
· Students with positive attitudes to learning and a desire to learn
· A personalised approach to Career Professional Development and experienced Early Career Teacher mentors
If you have a passion for your subject and for educating motivated and enthusiastic students, we would love to hear from you.
For interview, we would expect candidates to provide a portfolio of work that includes examples of both Student work (KS3 and KS4), Personal work and any schemes of work designed.
For further information on this vacancy, please contact the Head of Design and Technology, Mrs K Trenwith at firstname.lastname@example.org
'This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references'.
Applications are welcome from both newly qualified and more experienced colleagues.
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Closing date is by 3.00pm on Tuesday 12th October 2021.
Please send your applications to Elizabeth Annetts: EAnnetts@bulmershe.wokingham.sch.uk