Learning Support Assistant - Grade 3
Full time (Grade 3)
Contract: 30 hours per week, term time only
(Talk to us about flexible working options)
Actual salary: £12,991 – £13,251 according to experience
To start: September 2023
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to join our successful SEND team and thriving school. The role entails working with students with a range of special educational needs, supporting them in classroom settings and, at times, in small groups in our dedicated learning support department. The support you will offer will be primarily focussed around literacy and numeracy needs. The ideal candidate will have an ability to work with young people who exhibit signs of anxiety, and a calm and non-confrontational approach is essential.
The Bulmershe SEND department has its own base with fantastic facilities which offer a superb environment in which to work and learn. We are a friendly and supportive team of 15 staff who have a wealth of experience. In an ever-changing world, we continue to learn and adapt in order to best support our student community.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Provide proactive and professional in-class support for students with a range of SEN, guided by the class teacher and SENCO.
- Have a good understanding of students’ SEN needs so that you can anticipate their difficulties and provide support to access the lesson and work as independently as possible.
- Liaise and build purposeful working relationships with class teachers and fellow LSAs
- Be able to work 1-1 or with small groups of students inside and outside of the classroom with work provided by the class teacher or with resource programmes
- Be proactive in withdrawing a student when they show signs of not coping
- Be able to support students who present with challenging behaviours in a calm, non-confrontational way
- Have an excellent understanding of the need for confidentiality and safeguarding
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference and we look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working – call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley-Kelly:
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.