Teacher of Design and Technology
Flexible working available
Salary: ECT/MPS/UPS - depending on experience
To start: Sept 23
The Bulmershe School are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Design and Technology to join our friendly and expanding department. Our ideal candidate would have strong subject knowledge with an interest in curriculum development and teaching across the Design and Technology subjects at Key Stage 3. They should be passionate about delivering the best possible Design and Technology curricula, with a focus on raising student aspiration and attainment.
Experience in teaching GCSE and A Level would be highly desirable and would be considered a valuable attribute. This post may be suitable for an Early Career Teacher who feels they are ready to take on the challenge.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Collaboratively working with the department in generating and refining resources and planning materials
- To develop KS4 and 5 GCSE and A-Level courses
- Actively embody The Bulmershe School vision and school core values
- Continue to invest in your professional development, taking responsibility for your own improvement by engaging actively in our professional growth process
- Plan and teach a consistently good standard of lessons, making sure that all pupils make sustained progress over time
- Teach lessons that meet the different needs of all pupils in the lesson
- Improve outcomes for all pupils
- Promote the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Be a form tutor and provide daily pastoral care
- Actively contribute to the co-curricular programme and broader life of the school
The Ideal Candidate will
- be a talented and enthusiastic Design and Technology teacher with the ability to inspire our students in a variety of design & manipulation techniques
- have experience of teaching a range of Technology subjects across Key Stages 3 and your specialism at KS4. Prior A-level teaching is desirable
- have the drive to raise student achievement and add value within Design and Technology curriculum
- have excellent, up-to-date subject knowledge with a passion for teaching your subject is essential
- have the confidence to teach all disciplines of Design and Technology including Resistant Materials (3D Design) Graphics Communication and Food and Nutrition at KS3
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working call:
- 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Assistant School Business Manager, Ms Bagley: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
|Equal Opportunities Form||06th Feb 2023||Download|
|Teacher Application Form||18th Jan 2023||Download|
|Vacancy Pack - Design Technology - The Bulmershe School||10th Mar 2023||Download|