Term Time Only
Hourly rate between £12.75 - £12.98 (depending on experience)
To start: January 2023
The Bulmershe School is looking for new members to join its experienced team of Examination Invigilators for internal and external examinations. Invigilators will be involved in the administration and supervision of examinations as directed by the Examinations Manager and in accordance with JCQ Regulations.
Invigilators will need to be available from 8.30am for morning examinations and 12:30pm (internal examinations)/1.00pm (external examinations) for afternoon examinations. Hours required will vary depending on the length of examinations.
Invigilators will need excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- To check that the arrangements of the examination room remain in compliance with the regulations and to ensure a calm environment which will give students the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams.
- To issue the regulatory notices to candidates at the start of the examination.
- To maintain the security of examination papers, materials and candidate scripts whilst in the Exam Invigilator’s possession.
- To start, conduct and finish the examination in accordance with the regulations.
- To supervise candidates with due vigilance during the working of the examination.
- To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the examination centre or school’s policies or procedures and in accordance with the examination regulations.
- To refer to the Examination Officer if it is suspected that malpractice is taking place.
- To collect completed scripts after the examination has ended and return them to the designated place/person.
- To report back as appropriate using the agreed referral procedures on any issues arising.
- To assist with administration as requested by the examinations officer.
- To ensure that students do not leave an examination during the first hour or last half hour of an examination.
- To help in the collection of exam scripts which need to be collected in order, by candidate number.
- In the event of any discrepancy or irregularity in the progress of an examination, to give a verbal report to the Examination Officer.
Supporting the school
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To contribute to overall ethos, work and mission statement of the school.
- To undertake broadly similar duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the Headteacher.
- There may be the need to provide assistance or undertake such other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Headteacher or School Business Manager.
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
If this role sounds interesting to you, please complete the attached application form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Exams Manager, Mrs Martin on email@example.com
How to Apply
- Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Exams Manager, Mrs Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 12th December 2022
(Applications will be considered as received. We reserve the right to appoint before the advertised closing date.)
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.