Teacher of Food Technology
Permanent, full time
Flexible working options available
Salary: according to experience
To start: Immediately
The Bulmershe School are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher of Food and Nutrition to join our friendly and expanding Design and Technology department. Our ideal candidate would have strong subject knowledge with an interest in curriculum development and teaching across the design and technology subjects at Key Stage 3. They should be passionate about delivering the best possible design and technology curricula with a focus on raising student aspiration and attainment.
Experience in teaching GCSE and A Level Food and Nutrition would be highly desirable and would be considered as a valuable attribute. The successful candidate will have the support to set up and lead a Food and Nutrition GCSE and prepare to expand the curriculum offer to A-level students following a successful GCSE cohort completion from year 10 -11. The post is suitable for experienced teachers, however, due to the supportive culture at The Bulmershe School, may also be suitable for an Early Career Teacher who feels they are ready to take on the challenge.
Our students thrive in their food lessons and thoroughly enjoy both theory and practical sessions. Therefore, we would like our curriculum offer to expand and include Food and Nutrition specialism qualifications for our students.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Collaboratively working with the department in generating and refining resources and planning materials
- To develop KS4 and 5 Food Technology GCSE and A-Level courses
- Actively embody The Bulmershe School vision and school core values
- Continue to invest in your professional development, taking responsibility for your own improvement by engaging actively in our professional growth process
- Plan and teach a consistently good standard of lessons, making sure that all pupils make sustained progress over time
The Ideal Candidate will
- be a talented and enthusiastic Food and Nutrition Teacher with the ability to inspire our students
- have experience of teaching a range of Technology subjects across Key Stages 3 and your specialism at KS4. Prior A-level teaching is desirable
- have the drive to raise student achievement and add value within Design and Technology curriculum
- have excellent, up-to-date subject knowledge with a passion for teaching your subject is essential
- have the confidence to teach all disciplines of Design and Technology including Resistant Materials (3D Design) Graphics Communication and Textiles at KS3
Our successful candidates will receive:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Professional coaching and support to enhance teaching and learning
- Opportunity to teach across the key stages
- Bespoke CPD programme
- A position in a department that prides itself on being supportive
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed Corvus Learning Trust Academy school of 1,500 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding. With a thriving and expanding 6th form, The Bulmershe School is an ideal environment for any teacher who would like the challenge and opportunity to teach their subject at A-level.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application and equal opportunities form to the Assistant School Business Manager, Mrs Bagley-Kelly: email@example.com
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.