Whole School Literacy Lead
Permanent, Full time
Flexible working options available
Salary: according to experience + TLR
To start: April 2024
The Bulmershe School are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to lead our Whole School Literacy Programme. The programme aims to improve literacy in all subjects areas and currently follows the seven recommendations related to reading, writing, talk, vocabulary development and supporting struggling students as outlined in the EEF guidance. Literacy at The Bulmershe School is every teachers’ responsibility, therefore teachers of any subject are invited to apply for this role.
The school has made strong strides with Literacy Development over the last two years and the successful candidate will build on this strong foundation. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge in their area of teaching, a passion for Literacy and curriculum development.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Whole School Literacy Lead
- Lead, develop and deliver a consistent and effective whole school literacy strategy
- Maintain a co-ordinated whole school approach to supporting and developing students’ literacy skills.
- Support departments to develop literacy across the curriculum, ensuring a specific focus on developing students’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Raise awareness of, and participation in, national and local literacy events, working in conjunction with the school librarian
- Provide the necessary support, guidance and training for colleagues and students in Disciplinary Literacy.
- Support departments to develop schemes of work that are consistent in their approach to teaching Disciplinary Literacy
- To provide regular reports to Leadership and Governors as required.
- To have teaching responsibilities as commensurate with the post
Our successful candidates will receive:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Professional coaching and support to enhance teaching and learning
- Opportunity to teach across the key stages
- Bespoke CPD programme
- A position in a department that prides itself on being supportive
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed Corvus Learning Trust Academy school of 1,500 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding. With a thriving and expanding 6th form, The Bulmershe School is an ideal environment for any teacher who would like the challenge and opportunity to teach their subject at A-level.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- If you’d like to find out more about role, the school, or to talk to us about options for flexible working call: 0118 935 3353 to arrange to meet us for coffee and a chat
- Ready to apply? Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application and equal opportunities form to the Assistant School Business Manager, Mrs Bagley-Kelly: email@example.com
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.