Term Time Only
Hours: 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Salary: £22,571 - £24,920 full time equivalent (Actual Pay £11,487 - £12,683 depending on experience)
To Start: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30th November 2022
The Bulmershe School are looking to appoint a part-time Careers Advisor who has excellent inter-personal and organisational skills. You will be expected to help deliver outstanding guidance to our students in all years, liaising successfully with parents, carers, teachers and education providers. You will also enhance the guidance our students receive so that they can make well informed decisions about their futures and are supported at each stage of transition.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- To provide professional career guidance services, in order to improve pupils’ skills, knowledge and understanding for career planning and management
- To conduct student-focused, impartial, personal career guidance interviews with pupils, which challenge and support them to make informed, realistic and adaptable career decisions
- To provide information, advice, guidance and signposting to specialist agencies about a range of issues, such as careers, education, employment and training, housing and money; including signposting within school to key areas of support within the pastoral team
- To research careers, options pathways and support organisations that meet young people’s needs
- To use expert knowledge of careers information, and labour market information and intelligence to enable pupils to identify, access, interpret and utilise valid and current information that is relevant to them, including the appropriate use of information technology, e.g. social media and web-based information sources
The Ideal Candidate should
- hold a relevant careers guidance qualification at QCF level 6 or above
- be confident in supporting SEND and PP students with transition plans
- be registered with the CDI
- have a working knowledge of the Gatsby benchmarks
- Level 4 Diploma in Career Information and Advice
- Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Advice or other relevant degree qualification.
- Commitment to equality
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently
Why join The Bulmershe School
The Bulmershe School is a heavily oversubscribed school which sits at the heart of the community. We are a mixed local authority, 11-18 school of approximately 1,400 students, who come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We work closely with our parents, partners and feeder school to achieve the best outcomes for all of our students. We were rated as ‘Good’ in our last OFSTED report and are aiming for Outstanding.
We believe that The Bulmershe is a school where you can really make a difference. To find out more about The Bulmershe School and this specific opportunity, please take a look at the attached vacancy pack. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
- Please complete our application form (CVs will not be accepted)
- Email your application to the Assistant School Business manager, Ms Bagley: email@example.com
- Deadline: 30th November 2022
(Applications will be considered as received. We reserve the right to appoint before the advertised closing date.)
The Bulmershe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Note: This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.